Sunday, January 10, 2021

I REMEMBER MY ALMA MATER


 

 

Since Primary classes, my school regularly provided us with opportunities to explore our abilities in extracurricular. I greatly benefited from that along with the school’s firm emphasis on academics. Now, being in the Mental Health profession I rely on a variety of skills like writing, drama, art and compassion. When I look back, all of these skills were recognized and supported by my teachers back in school. Madhu ma’am, my art teacher and Anupma Verma ma’am, who emphasize on poetry and embodied the elegance of literature for me, really nurtured my confidence in art and writing respectively, which I now cherish so much. I discovered my liking for drama through Prem ma’am’s wonderful Nukkad Nataks and I’ll always remember Lucy ma’am for so generously mentoring us during science exhibitions. We all have that one teacher who makes a defining impact on us, for me that was Jaya ma’am, my 10th standard class teacher. From her, I learnt that grace is made of efficiency and kindness put together. What she gave every student is the unconditional positive regard I now read about in psychology. It is the most important thing that builds a person or can keep a person from falling apart. In future, as a school counsellor, I hope to replicate her impact on me. VBPS provides a conducive environment for the growth of all kinds of individuals with its robust academic system and elaborate culture of extracurricular

 SHRUTI SHARMA 

Alumni VBPS (2016)

Bachelor in English Literature  (D.U)

Currently Clinical Psychology  Master’s Student

Amity University Noida

And Trauma Therapist for a Children Living under adverse conditions







No comments:

Post a Comment

MASK ON

  MASK ON ITC Savlon   recently   launched a new series   of TV commercials with the underlying message “ Mask hai mazak nahin’   and t...