Sunday, January 10, 2021

RAVI RAJPUT - My Journey at VBPS

My experience at Vishal Bharti Public School cannot be recorded in a couple of pages but since I am required to keep it short, I will try to follow. I joined VBPS in class 11th due to a change of stream that wasn’t available at my previous school. It was probably one of the best academic decisions of my life.

What started as a journey of studying humanities later became a study of life for me. This was the place where I truly found myself. I always knew I could write and this was the place that helped me polish this skill and sort of give a direction to my career as now I am studying English Literature in ARSD College of Delhi University to truly understand this language that I fell in love with at VBPS. Under guidance of Mr. Bankesh Mahajan I wrote my first ever short story which later got published. Then again, under Mrs. Anu Tandon, I wrote a couple of other stories and numerous poems that gave me an identity of a poet and a writer.

I was blessed with having Mrs. Jaya as my class teacher for class 11th as not only she guided me to be better but she actually acted like a mother figure when things were hard at home. Her constant push and encouragement made me who I am today. It was she


who sent me for my first MUN which changed me for good, a person who was an introvert and mostly kept to himself finally became an outgoing and socializing lad; all because of that one MUN.

With Mrs. Srilatha, I found a guide that truly understood my potential. Whenever I scored good or even topped, she’d say that I could do better and she was right. Though geography was never a field of interest for me as such, it actually became something I used to look up to under her teaching.

I can’t not mention Mr. Sumit and Mrs. Seema as while the former sowed seeds of a love for running as an exercise, the latter always taught me concepts of economics with utmost patience even after asking a billion times.

To conclude, VBPS is very much a part of my identity and personality and I am forever grateful of this beautiful place for giving me some of the most precious moments and people that I shall cherish forever.

Thank you,

Ravi Rajput

Humanities 2nd Topper (93% overall)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MASK ON

  MASK ON ITC Savlon   recently   launched a new series   of TV commercials with the underlying message “ Mask hai mazak nahin’   and t...